Land of the Imbayas Biking Adventure, 5 Days
Explore the Andes of northern Ecuador through carefully selected biking venues filled with rich experiences, changing cultures, and breathtaking scenery. This area, inhabited for centuries by the Imbayas and their descendants, is alive and wonderfully diverse.
This tour delivers exceptional riding with stunning volcanic scenery, crater lakes, cloud forests, ancient ruins, and Indigenous and African-Ecuadorian rural villages. Discover an extraordinary country, both in ecosystems and cultures.
This biking adventure is accentuated by stays at fine colonial haciendas, a scenic train ride, and a visit to one of the largest indigenous markets in the world, Otavalo Indigenous Market.
*Rates apply for groups of 5 passengers or more. Rates are subject to change
- Explore rural villages and mountainous landscapes via Ecuador’s best biking routes.
- Admire volcanoes and crater lakes as you travel down the “Avenue of Volcanoes”.
- Visit the ancient fortress of Quitoloa and its secluded, magical surroundings.
- Bargain for handicrafts at Otavalo, one of the largest indigenous markets in Latin America.
- Take a scenic train ride through a dry forest ecosystem and delicious fruit plantations.
- Ride through the unique and endangered Giant Espeletia forest.
DAY 1: Bike to the Tumbaco valley close to Quito and visit Quitoloa crater lake.
DAY 2: Ride to the famous Otavalo market.
DAY 3: Visit the Chota valley on single track and take a scenic train ride.
DAY 4: Visit the Paramo region at El Angel Reserve and marvel at the beautiful Espeletia forest.
DAY 5: Exciting Mojanda crater lake downhill!
GALAPAGOS MULTISPORT ADVENTURE